By L F Anderson and D D Ames - 1980
"Hey, look at me," he said
As he nuzzled at my side
You know I don't feel well
But, I'm ready for my last long ride
I have told all the others
And they surely understand
We were pals for many years
And we got along just grand
You know I'll miss you all
But, I've got a job to do
For God, needs a good horse
Sure hope I don't throw a shoe
You can bet that I'll be watching
From my pasture up above
Eating all that green grass
And doing the things I love
I heard that God had bought me
The finest saddle that he could find
I know I'll miss my old one
But, I'll leave it here if you don't mind
Guess I had best be going
I've got a long ride to go
Think only of my good points
And memories we loved so
No comments:
Post a Comment