Popular Posts

Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Father - Visions and Dreams

By L F Anderson and D D Ames - 1975

There are pictures in my mind
Of the many years gone past
They remain for a moment
How I wish they would last

Thoughts go back to childhood
Are they things I remember and hold?
Or events of the distant past
That I knew not, but were told

A man driving a wagon
A large team of horses pull on
I thought I may have been there
But, somehow the vision is gone

I remember a man lay ailing
And soon he was going to die
I can see the room and figures
But, wonder, "did I ever cry?"

Many times I've thought and pondered
What type of man he would be
I've pictured him many times
For certain, a miracle to see

Would my life be so different
If he were alive and with us today?
Fate is a strange and winding road
For who could really say?

There are so very many things
That I would like to share
To let him know about my life
And how much I really do care

Though the years are many
Since he passed away
There is a much greater world
Where his soul does stay

Someday we will meet again
And get to know each other
In that great and glorious land
With his Father and his Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment