By L F Anderson and D D Ames - 1980
Tonight I find myself sitting by the candle light
Pondering what went wrong, why this why now
I watch the flame burning ever so bright
And sit in sadness contemplating the why and how
The good times were many, how happy it seemed
I wish again for those days of romantic bliss
There was energy and excitement and romance
Who on earth could resist a mood, as was this
And now the light grows dim as darkness sets
The scent of tangerine sweetly fills my room
I close my eyes and remember happiness
And imagine the vision of love in bloom
The flame began to flicker and I didn't know why
Glowing embers couldn't stop the descent
I wasn't sure what to do, how to fix it
I only look back wishing time had been well spent
Bedtime is calling, my hot tea is brewing
I'll wash up, don my robe and house shoes
And be back here again tomorrow night
Wishing I could again light the burned out fuse
No comments:
Post a Comment