By L F Anderson and D D Ames - 1976
Hello my darling Joe, you're looking so well
But then I really had no doubt you would
I've always believed in Heaven, strong with faith
And I knew you'd be here and life here is good
I'm truly sorry you had to wait so long for me
There were just so many things I had to do
On top of that, I had to prepare for this trip
So that I could get ready to spend eternity with you
I thought you'd like to know that all the girls are good
As you might expect, they're feeling a little low
But my goodness how their families have grown
You would be incredibly proud, my dear sweet Joe
They were all there with me, right up to the end
And you should have heard the preacher, so fine
His words and the hymns were inspiring indeed
And the beautiful service gave me such peace of mind
They knew it was my time to finally leave this earth
I've heard, for some time now, my name called low
I enjoyed a long and fruitful life, but it was time
To leave the physical world and be with you again darling Joe
No comments:
Post a Comment