By L F Anderson and D D Ames - 1973
As I stand here gazing around
I see the stones upon the ground
Names of strangers and loved ones I see
Some would think me silly
And though the air is chilly
I feel your warm presence here with me
Memories flash before my face
As I stand in this solemn place
For an instant I close my eyes
I see you smiling and standing near
And your sweet voice I long to hear
Your years were long and ever wise
This is your home, so still and calm
As I reach out to touch the palm
Of your dear sweet gentle hand
You've found your peace, your haven
Your refuge from the strife and cravin'
As you battled the evils of the land
And so, your soul has found contentment
You leave this life with no resentment
To journey to a far and better home
Where troubles are not heard of
Where God has built his home with love
With silver floors and a golden dome
With Angels voices heard on high
And lyrics of Sweet Bye and Bye
Where only happiness is measured
By the joys of eternal peace
Where you have a never ending lease
And your thoughts of others treasured
No comments:
Post a Comment